Related Posts on WooCommerce Products displays recent or random posts from a designated post category at the bottom of each product listing based on the category the product is in.
What it Does
This plugin displays recent or random posts from a designated post category at the bottom of each product listing based on the category the listing is in. You can designate a post category for each of the product categories you want posts displayed for.
Also included is a shortcode that can display recent or random posts from a selected post category anywhere shortcodes are usable, including text widgets.
- Very light weight. Many related posts plugins take lots of resources and are banned from some hosting servers.
- Editable heading and “Read More” text.
- Option to display thumbnails.
- Option to display author.
- Option to display post date.
- Option to display the excerpt and number of words.
- Selectable recent or random posts to display.
- Selectable number of posts to display.
- Selectable number of posts per row from 1 – 3.
- Responsive design.
- Only posts from a single post category will be displayed. The post category selected will be the lowest level product category that the product is assigned to.
- If a product is assigned to more then one product category at the same lowest category depth, the post category displayed will be the one with the top level category occurring first in the alphabet.
(click to enlarge)
- Install the plugin and activate it. There are settings in the Products -> Posts on Products area.
Version and Release Dates
- Version 1.0 released May 11, 2015
The script is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Limitation of Liabilities
The authors of the script are not liable for any consequential, special, incidental, or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the delivery, performance, or use of the script, or inability to use the script.