Website Development Questionnaire and templates for the freelance website developer to document the site specifications for smoother website development, more satisfied clients, and a more efficient development process
This Website Development Questionnaire product consists of three parts and a bonus:
- A 3000 word editable Freelance Website Developers Agreement easily adapted to your business and projects (MS Word). An outline of the agreement is below.
- A 34 question Website Development Questionnaire for your clients to determine their website and project needs (MS Word).
- An interactive Gravity Forms file of the above questionnaire (xml) that you can import directly into your Gravity Forms plugin. You can preview a sample of the Gravity Forms questionnaire below. Most Yes/No questions will display a Details box below them when Yes is selected.If you need to purchase Gravity Forms, please use this affiliate link: Buy Gravity Forms or the logo at the right.
- As a bonus, a list of DeLime’s favorite WordPress plugins (PDF).
How These Came To Be
I have been a freelance website developer for over 6 years. Lessons have been learned from each client interaction about those things that would have been better off discussed up front, documented and agreed to. One of the most important aspects of this is to clearly state what is not included in the Project so there is no misunderstanding. That is also very informative to the Client who may not have known they wanted those efforts and frequently results in an expanded initial scope.
These Website Development Questionnaire & Sample Contract documents have been created not to be your final Agreement, but rather a template to work from to tailor to your specific needs.
Sample Questions from Website Development Questionnaire
Outline of Freelance Website Development Agreement
The outline of the Developers Agreement that you will receive is below. The full Agreement consists of approximately 3000 words and includes addendums for an Hourly Billing Policy and a Monthly Review and Maintenance offering.
1.1. Project Direction
2. DEVELOPMENT LOCATION AND ACCESS
3.1. Content Format
3.2. Revisions to Content
4. DESIGN REVISIONS
4.1. Client Content is Final
5. CLIENT APPROVALS AND RESPONSIVENESS
6. WARRANTY PERIOD
6.1. Client and Third Party Site Modifications
7. COPYRIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP
7.1. Hosting Account, Domain Name, Software
7.2. Record Keeping
7.3. Developer Credits
8. MUTUAL PERFORMANCE OBLIGATIONS
8.2 Client Access and Modification to Site
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
11. TERMINATION & CANCELLATION
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
13. LIMITATION OF SCOPE
14. WORK BEYOND THE SCOPE
15. DEVELOPER STANDARD HOURLY RATE
16. PROJECT SCOPE OF WORK
16.1 Site Delivery
16.2 Site Language
16.3 Design Consistency
16.4 Browser Compatibility
16.5 Hosting & Domains
16.6 Mobile/Responsive Design
16.8 Image Galleries
16.11 Standard Functionality
16.12 Additional Functionality
16.14 Email Accounts
16.15 Social Media
16.16 On-Page SEO
16.17 Off-Page SEO/Back Links
16.20 Maintenance and Technical Support
17. ESTIMATED SCHEDULE
18. PROJECT COST
18.1. External Costs
18.3. Payment Schedule
ADDENDUM A – HOURLY BILLING POLICY
ADDENDUM B – MONTHLY WEBSITE REVIEW AND MAINTENANCE